- The global gas market is encountering numerous challenges in an overall growth context. Whether the current weakness is cyclical (the IHS view) or structural remains to be seen.
- LNG developers are in a competitive game of ‘musical chairs’
• Lower oil prices make project development more challenging
• US Lower-48 projects remain commercially competitive and most easily executable
- Producers need new business models and applications in order to monetize growing global gas reserve inventories
- Contract and trading structures are evolving